|Since my favourite session at agile open was the unplanned unprepared session, I'd like to see if we can get a planned unprepared session in the xp days benelux program. If you like it, I'll paste it on the agile open wiki for further refactoring (my bio needs it...). I'll go with this if I have at least one co-facilitator. here comes the unpreparedly written proposal:
1. Title "The planned unprepared session"
Share insights, latest news, successes and failures in agile (software development) and delve deeper into topics that have been skimmed earlier in the conference. A just-in-time place for those topics that are not yet in the flow while the program is being prepared.
Depends on the participants. This session is "open space". The organisers will facilitate the session together with the participants. Topics that came up in a previous 'unprepared session' at agile open were, amongst others, software quality, and temperature readings.
4. Process & timetable
5-10 minutes introduction of participants
10 minutes: start facilitation, e.g. by one of the participants formulating a question or puzzle that he or she would like to have answered. From one question and answers, others will follow.
T - 10 minutes: wrap up (this session might work for T=60 T=90 or t=120)
5. Format: e.g. simulation, game, workshop, interactive presentation or demo, case study, goldfish bowl Workshop
6. Intended audience & required experience level (e.g. apprentice, journeyman, master) probably journeyman or master, we also welcome adventurous apprentices.
7. Benefits of participating Learn from your peers, experience a session where everyone actively listens and co-facilitates. Re-connect with friends and work through your puzzles.
8. Benefits of organizing - what does the organizer expect to learn? New insights, topics, see if this experiment in facilitation we did at agile open can be repeated. We probably also try out some fresh techniques we are going to learn during the open space training (http://www.boscop.de) some of us are going to attend in the first week of november. Finding new ways to kick ass
9. Duration: 60, 90, 120 minutes Any, probably works best as a 90 or 120 minutes slot on the last day of the conference.
10. Materials needed from the conference organizers: e.g. flip charts, beamer :
11. Organizer bio and contact information
Willem van den Ende
Independent e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org / skype: willemvandenende / mobile: +31 6 413 06 965
Willem van den Ende is interested in the effects programs have on their environment, agile approaches like XP and LeanSD achieve their effects with minimal. Since 2000 he co-organizes experiential workshops, conferences (Agile Open, XP Days Benelux) and user group meetings around agile software development, systems thinking and interpersonal interaction. He is co-founder of agile systems benelux and serves as a board member of the agile alliance. Willem makes his money as an entrepreneur, mainly through consulting and agile training & coaching.
British Telecom. e-mail: email@example.com
Barry Evans likes to think of himself as a citizen of the world with anNynke Etk Fokma
Fool @ Moebius Consulting
Mobile: +31 646118574
Nynke's coaching and consulting focuses on addressing important, difficult issues, balancing unbalanced stances and communicating dangerous miscommunications.
|Changed on 31/07/2006 by 188.8.131.52||Contact the site administrator: agileopen|